These are some of the limitations of Selenium :
- Desktop Application :
Automation Testing for desktop applications is not supported by Selenium.
- Web Services :
Automation testing cannot be performed on web services like SOAP or REST using Selenium.
- Built-in Object Repository :
A built-in Object Repository like UTF/QTP is not present in Selenium for maintaining objects/elements in centralized location.
- Built-in Repository facility :
There is no Built-in Reporting facility available.
- Inbuilt repository capability :
An inbuilt reporting capability is not present in Selenium. There will be a relyment on plug-ins like JUnit and TestNG for test reports.
- Image Testing :
After performing practically Testing on images is not possible so to overcome it we need to Integrate Selenium with Sikuli.
- New usage :
New usage may or may not work properly. No is responsible for its usage.
- Test Management :
For Test Management, no test tool integration is provided by Selenium.
- Popups and Frame :
It becomes difficult while processing the popups or frames.
- High Skills :
In order to automate tests more effectively, a high skill sets are required by Selenium.
- Community forums :
There is a relyment on community forums to get your technical issues resolved this is because Selenium is open source software.
- Language :
To create tests scripts in Selenium WebDriver we must know atleast one of the supported languages.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Limitations of Selenium Webdriver
- Selenium Basics - Components, Features, Uses and Limitations
- Browser Automation Using Selenium
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Software Engineering | Selenium: An Automation tool
- Non blocking wait in selenium using Python
- Python | Automating Happy Birthday post on Facebook using Selenium
- How to access popup login window in selenium using Python
- Find Web Elements using Selenium WebDriver
- How to click a button on webpage using selenium ?
- Python - find_element_by_id() method in Selenium
- Features of Selenium WebDriver
- Components of Selenium
- Applications and Uses of Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium Python Introduction and Installation
- Search Google Using Python Selenium
- Writing Tests using Selenium Python
- Difference between Selenium and QTP
- Navigating links using get method - Selenium Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.