Selenium is a powerful tool for controlling web browser through program. It is functional for all browsers, works on all major OS and its scripts are written in various languages i.e Python, Java, C#, etc but it has some disadvantages and limitations such as it doesn’t support Windows or Desktop applications.
This article revolves around Major Limitations of Selenium WebDriver. Mastering Selenium will help you automate your day to day tasks like controlling your tweets, Whatsapp texting and even just googling without actually opening a browser in just 15-30 lines of python code.
Limitations of Selenium Webdriver –
- No support for desktop applications – Selenium does not support testing for desktop applications.
- Expertise – Selenium requires expertise of your team — and resources to manage.
- Maintenance and Scalability – Selenium is a maintenance-heavy framework — and is difficult to scale as one grows.
- Open Source Forums – Since Selenium is open source software, one has to rely on community forums to get your technical issues resolved.
- No support for REST and SOAP Platforms – We can’t perform automation tests on web services like SOAP or REST using Selenium.
- No Reporting capability – Selenium does not have any inbuilt reporting capability, one has to rely on plug-ins like JUnit and TestNG for test reports.
- Image Testing – It is not possible to perform testing on images. One needs to integrate Selenium with Sikuli for image testing.
Also Check –
- Limitations of Selenium
- Applications and Uses of Selenium WebDriver
- Features of Selenium WebDriver
- Find Web Elements using Selenium WebDriver
- Assertion in Selenium WebDriver using TestNg
- Selenium Basics - Components, Features, Uses and Limitations
- Difference between Selenium and QTP
- Components of Selenium
- Selenium Python Basics
- Selenium Python Tutorial
- How to get current_url using Selenium in Python?
- How to take screenshot using Selenium in Python ?
- Exceptions - Selenium Python
- Difference between Cheerio and Selenium
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Difference between Puppeteer and Selenium
- Browser Automation Using Selenium
- How to install Selenium in Python
- Waits in Selenium Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.