Lex is a computer program that generates lexical analyzers. Lex reads an input stream specifying the lexical analyzer and outputs source code implementing the lexer in the C programming language.
The commands for executing the lex program are:
lex abc.l (abc is the file name) cc lex.yy.c -lfl ./a.out
Let’s see Lex program to print the total characters, white spaces, tabs in the given input file.
Below is the implementation:
- Lex program to take input from file and remove multiple spaces, lines and tabs
- Lex program to count the number of lines, spaces and tabs
- Lex program to copy the content of one file to another file
- Bootstrap (Part-5) | DropDowns and Responsive Tabs
- C program for file Transfer using UDP
- Lex program to search a word in a file
- C Program to find size of a File
- LEX program to add line numbers to a given file
- Lex program to count the frequency of the given word in a file
- White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO
- C Program for Lower Case to Uppercase and vice-versa in a file
- Lex program to check whether the input is digit or not
- Lex program to check whether input number is odd or even
- C program to swap adjacent characters of a String
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.