Lex is a computer program that generates lexical analyzers. Lex reads an input stream specifying the lexical analyzer and outputs source code implementing the lexer in the C programming language.
The commands for executing the lex program are:
lex abc.l (abc is the file name) cc lex.yy.c -lfl ./a.out
Let’s see Lex program to print the total characters, white spaces, tabs in the given input file.
Below is the implementation:
- Lex program to take input from file and remove multiple spaces, lines and tabs
- Lex program to count the number of lines, spaces and tabs
- Lex program to copy the content of one file to another file
- Bootstrap (Part-5) | DropDowns and Responsive Tabs
- C program for file Transfer using UDP
- Lex program to search a word in a file
- C Program to find size of a File
- LEX program to add line numbers to a given file
- Lex program to count the frequency of the given word in a file
- C Program for Lower Case to Uppercase and vice-versa in a file
- White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO
- Lex program to check whether the input is digit or not
- Lex program to check whether input number is odd or even
- C program to swap adjacent characters of a String
- Program to find out the data type of user input
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.