Levels of Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
is a methodology used to develop, refine maturity of an organizations software development process. It is developed by SIE in mid 1980. It is a process improvement approach.
To assess an organization against a scale of 5 process maturity levels. It Deals with the what processes should be implemented & not so much with the how processes should be implemented. Each maturity level comprises a predefined set of process areas called KDA (Key Process Area), these KDA – Goals, Commitment, Ability, measurement, verification.
Levels of Capability Maturity Model (CMM) are as following below.
1. Level One : Initial –
Work is performed informally.
A software development organization at this level is characterized by AD HOC activities (organization is not planned in advance.).
2. Level Two : Repeatable –
Work is planned and tracked.
This level of software development organization has a basic and consistent project management processes to TRACK COST, SCHEDULE, AND FUNCTIONALITY. The process is in place to repeat the earlier successes on projects with similar applications.
3. Level Three : Defined –
Work is well defined.
At this level the software process for both management and engineering activities are DEFINED AND DOCUMENTED.
4. Level Four : Managed –
Work is quantitatively controlled.
5. Level Five : Optimizing –
- Software Quality management – Management can effectively control the software development effort using precise measurements. At this level, organization set a quantitative quality goal for both software process and software maintenance.
- Quantitative Process Management – At this maturity level, The performance of processes is controlled using statistical and other quantitative techniques, and is quantitatively predictable.
Work is Based Upon Continuous Improvement.
The key characteristic of this level is focusing on CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVING PROCESS performance.
Key features are:
- Process change management
- Technology change management
- Defect prevention
Master Software Testing and Automation in an efficient and time-bound manner by mentors with real-time industry experience. Join our Software Automation Course and embark on an exciting journey, mastering the skill set with ease!
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Software Automation program
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 10,000+ Successful Geeks
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...