Given a string str, the task is to find the length of the longest sub-string which does not have any pair of consecutive same characters.
Input: str = “abcdde”
“abcd” is the longest
Input: str = “ccccdeededff”
“ededf” is the longest
Approach: The following steps can be followed to solve the above problem:
- Initialize cnt and maxi as 1 initially, since this is the minimum answer of the length of the longest answer.
- Iterate in the string from 1 to n – 1 and increment cnt by 1 if str[i] != str[i – 1].
- If str[i] == str[i – 1], then re-initialize cnt as 1 and maxi to max(maxi, cnt).
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Construct a string of length L such that each substring of length X has exactly Y distinct letters
- Longest substring such that no three consecutive characters are same
- Length of the longest substring that do not contain any palindrome
- Longest Even Length Substring such that Sum of First and Second Half is same
- Length of the longest substring with equal 1s and 0s
- Length of the longest valid substring
- Length of the longest substring without repeating characters
- Find length of longest substring with at most K normal characters
- Length of longest consecutive ones by at most one swap in a Binary String
- Find length of longest subsequence of one string which is substring of another string
- Check if the string contains consecutive letters and each letter occurs exactly once
- Length of the largest substring which have character with frequency greater than or equal to half of the substring
- Minimum length of substring whose rotation generates a palindromic substring
- Smallest Greater (than S) String of length K whose letters are subset of S
- Length of longest Palindromic Subsequence of even length with no two adjacent characters same
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.