Given a number N, Find the minimum number that needs to be added to or subtracted from N, to make it a perfect cube. If the number is to be added, print it with a + sign, else if the number is to be subtracted, print it with a – sign.
Input: N = 25
Nearest perfect cube before 25 = 8
Nearest perfect cube after 25 = 27
Therefore 2 needs to be added to 25 to get the closest perfect cube
Input: N = 40
Nearest perfect cube before 40 = 25
Nearest perfect cube after 40 = 64
Therefore 13 needs to be subtracted from 40 to get the closest perfect cube
- Get the number.
- Find the cube root of the number and convert the result as an integer.
- After converting the double value to integer, this will contain the root of the perfect cube before N, i.e. floor(cube root(N)).
- Then find the cube of this number, which will be the perfect cube before N.
- Find the root of the perfect cube after N, i.e. the ceil(cube root(N)).
- Then find the cube of this number, which will be the perfect cube after N.
- Check whether the cube of floor value is nearest to N or the ceil value.
- If the cube of floor value is nearest to N, print the difference with a -sign. Else print the difference between the cube of the ceil value and N with a + sign.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
2 0 -13
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Least number to be added to or subtracted from N to make it a Perfect Square
- Number of times the largest Perfect Cube can be subtracted from N
- Number of times the largest perfect square number can be subtracted from N
- Count numbers upto N which are both perfect square and perfect cube
- Minimum divisor of a number to make the number perfect cube
- Smallest number to be subtracted to convert given number to a palindrome
- Check if there exists a prime number which gives Y after being repeatedly subtracted from X
- Percentage increase in volume of the cube if a side of cube is increased by a given percentage
- Previous perfect square and cube number smaller than number N
- Perfect cube greater than a given number
- Largest number in an array that is not a perfect cube
- Check if number formed by joining two Numbers is Perfect Cube
- Perfect Cube factors of a Number
- C Program to check whether a number is a Perfect Cube or not
- Minimum value to be added to X such that it is at least Y percent of N
- Smallest perfect Cube divisible by all elements of an array
- Smallest perfect cube in an array
- Print N numbers such that their sum is a Perfect Cube
- Perfect Cube String
- Check whether N can be a Perfect Cube after adding or subtracting K
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Yash_R