Given here is a semicircle of radius r, which inscribes a rectangle which in turn inscribes an ellipse. The task is to find the area of this largest ellipse.
Input: r = 5 Output: 19.625 Input: r = 11 Output: 94.985
- Let the, length of the rectangle = l and breadth of the rectangle = b
- Let, the length of the major axis of the ellipse = 2x and, the length of the minor axis of the ellipse = 2y
- As we know, length and breadth of the largest rectangle inside a semicircle are r/√2 and √2r(Please refer here)
- Also, Area of the ellipse within the rectangle = (π*l*b)/4 = (πr^2/4)
Below is the implementation of above approach:
- Radius of the biggest possible circle inscribed in rhombus which in turn is inscribed in a rectangle
- Area of a circle inscribed in a rectangle which is inscribed in a semicircle
- Area of Largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an Ellipse
- Area of a triangle inscribed in a rectangle which is inscribed in an ellipse
- Largest right circular cylinder that can be inscribed within a cone which is in turn inscribed within a cube
- Largest sphere that can be inscribed within a cube which is in turn inscribed within a right circular cone
- Area of the biggest ellipse inscribed within a rectangle
- Largest trapezoid that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Largest triangle that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Largest square that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscribed within a square which is inscribed within an ellipse
- Largest triangle that can be inscribed in an ellipse
- Area of the Largest square that can be inscribed in an ellipse
- Find the area of largest circle inscribed in ellipse
- Area of largest triangle that can be inscribed within a rectangle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.