Built-in Form Field Validations in Django Forms are the default validations that come predefined to all fields. Every field comes in with some built-in validations from Django validators. Each Field class constructor takes some fixed arguments.
label is used to change the display name of the field. label accepts as input a string which is new name of field. The default label for a Field is generated from the field name by converting all underscores to spaces and upper-casing the first letter. Specify label if that default behavior doesn’t result in an adequate label. Let’s check how to use label in a field using a project.
field_name = models.Field(option = value)
Django Form Field Validation
Illustration of label using an Example. Consider a project named
geeksforgeeks having an app named
Refer to the following articles to check how to create a project and an app in Django.
Enter the following code into
forms.py file of geeks app. We will be using CharField for experimenting for all field options.
Add the geeks app to
Now to render this form into a view we need a view and a URL mapped to that view. Let’s create a view first in
views.py of geeks app,
Here we are importing that particular form from forms.py and creating an object of it in the view so that it can be rendered in a template.
Now, to initiate a Django form you need to create home.html where one would be designing the stuff as they like. Let’s create a form in
Finally, a URL to map to this view in urls.py
Let’s run the server and check what has actually happened, Run
Python manage.py runserver
geeks_field CharField is created with label “New Geeks Field”.
More Built-in Form Validations
|required||By default, each Field class assumes the value is required, so to make it not required you need to set
|label||The label argument lets you specify the “human-friendly” label for this field. This is used when the Field is displayed in a Form.|
|label_suffix||The label_suffix argument lets you override the form’s label_suffix on a per-field basis.|
|widget||The widget argument lets you specify a Widget class to use when rendering this Field. See Widgets for more information.|
|help_text||The help_text argument lets you specify descriptive text for this Field. If you provide help_text, it will be displayed next to the Field when the Field is rendered by one of the convenience Form methods.|
|error_messages||The error_messages argument lets you override the default messages that the field will raise. Pass in a dictionary with keys matching the error messages you want to override.|
|validators||The validators argument lets you provide a list of validation functions for this field.|
|localize||The localize argument enables the localization of form data input, as well as the rendered output.|
|disabled.||The disabled boolean argument, when set to True, disables a form field using the disabled HTML attribute so that it won’t be editable by users.|
- initial – Django Form Field Validation
- label_suffix - Django Form Field Validation
- required - Django Form Field Validation
- error_messages - Django Form Field Validation
- disabled - Django Form Field Validation
- help_text - Django Form Field Validation
- error_messages - Django Built-in Field Validation
- help_text - Django Built-in Field Validation
- primary_key - Django Built-in Field Validation
- verbose_name - Django Built-in Field Validation
- default - Django Built-in Field Validation
- editable=False - Django Built-in Field Validation
- unique=True - Django Built-in Field Validation
- null=True - Django Built-in Field Validation
- blank=True - Django Built-in Field Validation
- Python | Form validation using django
- Django form field custom widgets
- How to use Django Field Choices ?
- Built-in Field Validations - Django Models
- Custom Field Validations in Django Models
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : NaveenArora