Boom numbers are numbers consisting only of digits 2 and 3. Given an integer k (0<k<=10^7) , display the k-th Boom number.
Input : k = 2 Output: 3 Input : k = 3 Output: 22 Input : k = 100 Output: 322323 Input: k = 1000000 Output: 3332322223223222223
The idea is very simple like Generate Binary Numbers . Here also we use same approach ,
we use queue data structure to solve this problem. First enqueue “2” then “3” these two are first and second boom number respectively. Now set count=2, for each time pop() front of queue and append “2” in poped number and increment count++ if (count==k) then print current Boom number else append “3” in poped number and increment count++ if (count==k) then print current Boom number. Repeat the process untill we reach to K’th Boom number.
This approach can be seen as BFS of a tree with root as empty string. Left child of every node has a 2 appended and right child has 3 appended. Below is C++ implementation of this idea.
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). This article is reviewed by team GeeksforGeeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Number of factors of very large number N modulo M where M is any prime number
- Count number of trailing zeros in Binary representation of a number using Bitset
- Maximum number formed from array with K number of adjacent swaps allowed
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Count number of triplets with product equal to given number with duplicates allowed
- Find the largest number smaller than integer N with maximum number of set bits
- Minimum number of distinct powers of 2 required to express a given binary number
- Smallest number dividing minimum number of elements in the Array
- Find smallest possible Number from a given large Number with same count of digits
- Number of possible permutations when absolute difference between number of elements to the right and left are given
- Number of ways to split a binary number such that every part is divisible by 2
- Minimum divisor of a number to make the number perfect cube
- Find the number of positive integers less than or equal to N that have an odd number of digits
- Given number of matches played, find number of teams in tournament
- Find a number which give minimum sum when XOR with every number of array of integers
- Minimum number of swaps required to sort an array of first N number
- Number of distinct ways to represent a number as sum of K unique primes
- Maximum number of contiguous array elements with same number of set bits
- Find the minimum number to be added to N to make it a prime number
- Largest number dividing maximum number of elements in the array