You might have used ifconfig command on your linux terminal to know different network configurations of your system.
ifconfig command shows hardware address(HWaddr) and network address(inet addr) for Ethernet or your wifi connection.
ifconfig command don’t show your public IP address(if public and private are different). For that purpose, you can simple type in google search : what is my ip address, it will show your public IP address.
On linux terminal, you can use following commands to know your IP addresses:
Public IP :
curl ifconfig.me or curl ipinfo.io/ip
Private IP :
- Difference between Private and Public IP addresses
- Difference between Private key and Public key
- What is the difference between public, private, and protected in PHP?
- Program to find Class, Broadcast and Network addresses
- Public Key Encryption
- HTTP headers | Public-Key-Pins
- HTTP headers | Public-Key-Pins-Report-Only
- Private Browsing
- Private VLAN
- Private Methods in Java 9 Interfaces
- Types of Virtual Private Network (VPN) and its Protocols
- Difference Between Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Proxy
- Difference between Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Jaro and Jaro-Winkler similarity
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.