KLA Tencor Interview Experience | Set 2 ( Associate Software Engineer )
KLA Tencor came for Full Time recruitment for Associate Software Engineer in our campus.
Online test on HackerRank contains 20 MCQ (DS, C++, Aptitude, Puzzle) and 3Coding Questions
1. Find the longest length Palindromic substring in the given string.
2. Find the strings in the list of string which does not have an anagram.
3. Find the word in the given 2D grid, horizontally, vertically and diagonally (Top Left to Bottom Right & Top Right to Bottom Left) and print starting position of word in the grid with direction.
Those who solved 1 coding question complete or 2 partially are selected for next round.
(I Solved 2 Complete and 1 Partially)
22 Were Shortlisted for Next round
Face To Face Interview on MCQ Discussion (30 Min)
They have marked certain questions in our MCQ paper and asked about our approach for those answers. (Same MCQ for all)
• Discussion on Recursion, Stack
• Memory Allocation of Variables
• Circular Queue Full and Empty Condition
• Reference Variables
• Zeros in a factorial
11 Were Shortlisted for Next round
Face To Face Interview on Programming Questions Explain on Paper (45 Min)
The interview contains 3 questions (Same Questions for All, but those who given satisfactory answers of 2, were asked 3)
• Given a Linked List of characters, find weather it is palindrome or not.
• Find the Clone of a linked list with random or arbitrary pointer.
• Find the top 10 words on basis of occurrences in a notepad file at any point.
Note – Optimized Algorithm is required, not simple recursion solution.
9 Were shortlisted for Next Round
Face To Face Interview on Design and OOPS (70 Min)
The interview contains designing questions (Same Questions for All, but if solved early asked more questions)
- Design an Elevator system with classes, struct, functions, properties, prototype, variables etc. which works with controller. There are n number of Elevators and m number of floors. All lifts go to all floors and you have to stop a lift only if a person wants to enter or exit form a lift. Draw Class Diagram with functionalities.
- Given a point A (x,y) on a 2D plane and n number of Coordinates, find the point having the shortest distance from point A. He wanted answer in less than O(n) approach. We can construct any Data structure.
- Given a 2D matrix find the numbers that occurs in all rows of that matrix. Optimized approach is required with proper Data Structures.
- Given a string of 1 and 0 find the pattern is present 011 is present in the string or not using Bit manipulation.
Any Questions? (I asked about the type of work I will be doing in the company)
4 Were shortlisted for Next Round
Face To Face Interview on OS + Networks + HR (45 Min)
The interview contains a questions that there are two process P1 and P2, P1 having threads T1, T2, T3 and P2 having threads T4, T5, T6, and there is only one memory of 1GB shared between the two processes. How do you form a full duplex network (Both side data exchange) and no blocking.
- Discussion on Producer Consumer Problem
- Critical Section
- Shared Memory
Some HR Questions
- What is your biggest achievement?
- What is the one decision that you want to change in your life?
- What is the one thing that can make you leave KLA Tencor?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your strong point in life?
- What your friends will say about you, which you are good for?
- Any Questions? (I asked about the base package I will be getting)
Telephonic HR (15 Min)
The call was from head HR and she asked basic questions
- How’s the process so far?
- Why you will prefer Chennai rather than Gurgaon and Noida?
- Why KLA Tencor, why not some other company?
- Some more questions..
2 were selected for Full Time offer, I was one of them.
I prepared mostly from GeeksforGeeks and I want to say thanks to the content writers of Geeks for providing the best solutions. This is one of the best sites.
• Study Interview Experiences of the company so that you will get familiar with the type of questions that will come in the rounds.
• Also try to explain every question with example before coding it in interviews.
• Ask questions at the end of your interview to the interviewers.
• Do not mug up things, try to visualize them.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above