Keywords in Python | Set 2
16. try : This keyword is used for exception handling, used to catch the errors in the code using the keyword except. Code in “try” block is checked, if there is any type of error, except block is executed.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
17. except : As explained above, this works together with “try” to catch exceptions.
18. raise : Also used for exception handling to explicitly raise exceptions.
19. finally : No matter what is result of the “try” block, block termed “finally” is always executed. Detailed article –Exception Handling in Python
20. for : This keyword is used to control flow and for looping.
21. while : Has a similar working like “for” , used to control flow and for looping.
22. pass : It is the null statement in python. Nothing happens when this is encountered. This is used to prevent indentation errors and used as a placeholder
Detailed Article – for, while, pass
23. import : This statement is used to include a particular module into current program.
24. from : Generally used with import, from is used to import particular functionality from the module imported.
25. as : This keyword is used to create the alias for the module imported. i.e giving a new name to the imported module. E.g import math as mymath.
Detailed Article – import, from and as
26. lambda : This keyword is used to make inline returning functions with no statements allowed internally. Detailed Article – map, filter, lambda
27. return : This keyword is used to return from the function. Detailed article – Return values in Python.
28. yield : This keyword is used like return statement but is used to return a generator. Detailed Article – yield keyword
29. with : This keyword is used to wrap the execution of block of code within methods defined by context manager.This keyword is not used much in day to day programming.
30. in : This keyword is used to check if a container contains a value. This keyword is also used to loop through the container.
31. is : This keyword is used to test object identity, i.e to check if both the objects take same memory location or not.
s is part of geeksforgeeks g e e k s f o r g e e k s True False
32. global : This keyword is used to define a variable inside the function to be of a global scope.
33. non-local : This keyword works similar to the global, but rather than global, this keyword declares a variable to point to variable of outside enclosing function, in case of nested functions.
10 5 5 Value of a using nonlocal is : 10 Value of a without using nonlocal is : 5
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh(S. Nandini). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using write.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.