A Kaprekar number is a number whose square when divided into two parts and such that sum of parts is equal to the original number and none of the parts has value 0. (Source : Wiki)
Given a number, the task is to check if it is Kaprekar number or not.
Input : n = 45 Output : Yes Explanation : 452 = 2025 and 20 + 25 is 45 Input : n = 13 Output : No Explanation : 132 = 169. Neither 16 + 9 nor 1 + 69 is equal to 13 Input : n = 297 Output : Yes Explanation: 2972 = 88209 and 88 + 209 is 297 Input : n = 10 Output : No Explanation: 102 = 100. It is not a Kaprekar number even if sum of 100 + 0 is 100. This is because of the condition that none of the parts should have value 0.
- Find square of n and count number of digits in square.
- Split square at different positions and see if sum of two parts in any split becomes equal to n.
Below is implementation of the idea.
Printing first few Kaprekar Numbers using iskaprekar() 1 9 45 55 99 297 703 999 2223 2728 4879 4950 5050 5292 7272 7777 9999
This article is contributed by Sahil Chhabra(KILLER). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Kaprekar Constant
- Number of factors of very large number N modulo M where M is any prime number
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- How to check if a given number is Fibonacci number?
- Find the smallest number whose digits multiply to a given number n
- Find n'th number in a number system with only 3 and 4
- Build Lowest Number by Removing n digits from a given number
- Count number of subsets of a set with GCD equal to a given number
- Count number of ways to divide a number in 4 parts
- Querying maximum number of divisors that a number in a given range has
- Check if a number is a power of another number
- Find the Largest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Finding number of digits in n'th Fibonacci number
- Smallest number by rearranging digits of a given number
- Super Ugly Number (Number whose prime factors are in given set)
- Number with maximum number of prime factors
- Convert a number m to n using minimum number of given operations
- Determine whether a given number is a Hyperperfect Number
- Find count of digits in a number that divide the number
- Convert a binary number to hexadecimal number
Improved By : Mithun Kumar