Consider following program.
Does JVM create an object of class Main?
The answer is “No”. We have studied that the reason for main() static in Java is to make sure that the main() can be called without any instance. To justify the same, we can see that the following program compiles and runs fine.
Since we can’t create object of abstract classes in Java, it is guaranteed that object of class with main() is not created by JVM.
This article is contributed by Narendra Koli. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- In Java, Can we call the main() method of a class from another class?
- Main thread in Java
- GFact 48 | Overloading main() in Java
- Valid variants of main() in Java
- Is main method compulsory in Java?
- How to overload and override main method in Java
- Static Block and main() method in Java
- Replacing 'public' with 'private' in "main" in Java
- What are the main differences between the Java platform and other platforms?
- Object class in Java
- Main App Implements Runnable | Concurrent Programming Approach 2
- How to create Immutable class in Java?
- Java | How to create your own Helper Class?
- How to create a Class in JShell of Java 9
- Java Object Creation of Inherited Class
- Understanding public static void main(String args) in Java
- Execute main() multiple times without using any other function or condition or recursion in Java
- Inner Class And Anonymous Inner Class that Implements Runnable | Concurrent Programming Approach 3
- Implement Quartet Class with Triplet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Pair Class with Unit Class in Java using JavaTuples
Improved By : YashGovindani