Consider following program.
Does JVM create an object of class Main?
The answer is “No”. We have studied that the reason for main() static in Java is to make sure that the main() can be called without any instance. To justify the same, we can see that the following program compiles and runs fine.
Since we can’t create object of abstract classes in Java, it is guaranteed that object of class with main() is not created by JVM.
This article is contributed by Narendra Koli. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- How JVM Works - JVM Architecture?
- JVM Shutdown Hook in Java
- Differences between JDK, JRE and JVM
- Verification in Java (JVM)
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM) Stack Area
- How many types of memory areas are allocated by JVM?
- Types of JVM Garbage Collectors in Java with implementation details
- In Java, Can we call the main() method of a class from another class?
- Collator compare(Object, Object) method in Java with Example
- Valid variants of main() in Java
- GFact 48 | Overloading main() in Java
- Main thread in Java
- Is main method compulsory in Java?
- Replacing 'public' with 'private' in "main" in Java
- Understanding "static" in "public static void main" in Java
- Static Block and main() method in Java
- Execute main() multiple times without using any other function or condition or recursion in Java
- Understanding public static void main(String args) in Java
- Main App Implements Runnable | Concurrent Programming Approach 2
- How to overload and override main method in Java
Improved By : YashGovindani