The Julia set is associated with those points z = x + iy on the complex plane for which the series zn+1 = zn2 + c does not tend to infinity. c is a complex constant, one gets a different Julia set for each c. The initial value z0 for the series is each point in the image plane.
The well known Mandelbrot set forms a kind of index into the Julia set. A Julia set is either connected or disconnected, values of c chosen from within the Mandelbrot set are connected while those from the outside of the Mandelbrot set are disconnected. The disconnected sets are often called “dust”, they consist of individual points no matter what resolution they are viewed at.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Creating Butterfly themed Fractal in C++ Using Graphics
- Mandlebrot Set in C/C++ Using Graphics
- Draw Rectangle in C graphics
- Draw ellipse in C graphics
- C Program to create a House using Graphics
- Flood fill algorithm using C graphics
- Draw a moving car using computer graphics programming in C
- Draw an Ellipse rotating over a Circle in C++ graphics
- How to discretize an Ellipse or Circle to a Polygon using C++ Graphics?
- Window to Viewport Transformation in Computer Graphics with Implementation
- Find side of Square which makes minimal area to fit two identical rectangles inside it
- Number of cycles in a Polygon with lines from Centroid to Vertices
- C/C++ program for Armstrong Numbers
- Maximum distance between two points in coordinate plane using Rotating Caliper's Method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.