application/json and to save those file .json extension.
JSON was initially created by Douglas Crockford in the early 2000s, first standardized in 2013 after that in 2007 JSON’s latest standard was published.
Characteristics of JSON:
- Easy to understand: JSON is easy to read and write.
- Format: It is a text-based interchange format. It can store any kind of data in an array of video, audio, and image anything that you required.
- Support: It is light-weighted and supported by almost every language and OS. It has a wide range of support for the browsers approx each browser supported by JSON.
- Dependency: It is an Independent language that is text-based. It is much faster compared to other text-based structured data.
Advantages of JSON:
- JSON stores all the data in an array so data transfer makes easier. That’s why JSON is the best for sharing data of any size even audio, video, etc.
- Its syntax is very easy to use. Its syntax is very small and light-weighted that’s the reason that it executes and response in a faster way.
- JSON has a wide range for the browser support compatibility with the operating systems, it doesn’t require much effort to make it all browser compatible.
- On the server-side parsing the most important part that developers want, if the parsing will be fast on the server side then the user can get the fast response, so in this case JSON server-side parsing is the strong point compare tot others.
Disadvantages of JSON:
- The main disadvantage for JSON is that there is no error handling in JSON, if there was a slight mistake in the JSON script then you will not get the structured data.
- JSON becomes quite dangerous when you used it with some unauthorized browsers. Like JSON service return a JSON file wrapped in a function call that has to be executed by the browsers if the browsers are unauthorized then your data can be hacked.
- JSON has limited supported tools that we can use during JSON development.
- PHP Full Form
- CSS Full Form
- URL full form
- XML full form
- HTML full form
- JSON | modify an array value of a JSON object
- Design a form component which takes input from its user and displays a form
- Difference between JSON and XML
- JSON web token | JWT
- How to parse JSON in Java
- Python | Sort JSON by value
- AngularJS | json Filter
- How to create an array for JSON using PHP?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.