It is a jQuery Selector used to select all elements that are the direct child of its parent element.
("parent > child")
- parent: Using this, the parent element will be selected.
- child: Using this, the direct child element of the specified parent element will be selected.
Return Value: It selects and returns all the direct child of the specified parent element.
- jQuery | :only-child Selector
- jQuery | :nth-child() Selector
- jQuery | :last-child Selector
- jQuery | :nth-last-child() Selector
- jQuery | :first-child Selector
- jQuery | :parent Selector
- jQuery | parent descendant Selector
- How to remove parent element except its child element using jQuery ?
- CSS | :only-child Selector
- CSS | :not(:last-child):after Selector
- How to use a not:first-child selector in CSS?
- CSS | :first-child Selector
- CSS | :last-child Selector
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.