The offsetParent() method is an inbuilt method in jQuery which is used to find the first positioned parent element in the DOM tree.
Parameters: This method does not contains any parameter.
Return Value: This method returns the first positioned parent element.
Below example illustrates the offsetParent() method in jQuery:
- jQuery | jQuery.support Property
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.interval Property with example
- jQuery | jquery Property
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.off Property
- jQuery | css()
- jQuery | :even Selector
- jQuery | last() with Examples
- jQuery | die() Method
- jQuery | focusout() with Example
- jQuery | on() with Examples
- jQuery | :first Selector
- jQuery | #id Selector
- jQuery | parentsUntil() with Example
- jQuery | after() with Examples
- jQuery | :contains() Selector
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.