This article will explain different mouse events occurring based on mouse positions on a particular HTML element.
Mouse Events in jQuery:
- mouseenter and mouseleave
- mouseup and mousedown
- mouseover and mouseout
mouseenter and mouseleave: The mouseenter event occurs when the mouse is placed over the HTML element and mouseleave event occurs when the mouse is removed from the element.
- On loading the webpage:
- MouseEnter and MouseLeave events:
mouseup and mousedown requires a mouse-click to occur.
On landing web page:
MouseUp and MouseDown events:
Mouseover and Mouseout:
These events occur when the mouse is placed over some specific HTML element.
Onloading web page:
MouseOver and MouseOut events:
- How to handle events in dynamically created elements in jQuery ?
- How to use jQuery touch events plugin for mobiles ?
- How to distinguish left and right mouse click using jQuery?
- How to animate div width and height on mouse hover using jQuery ?
- How to update mouse location when scrolling with jQuery ?
- CSS | pointer-events Property
- Node.js Events
- ES6 | Events
- How to bind 'touchstart' and 'click' events but not respond to both ?
- Difference between DOMContentLoaded and load Events
- AngularJS | Events
- Keyboard Events in ElectronJS
- How to disable mouseout events triggered by child elements?
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.interval Property with example
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.off Property
- jQuery | jQuery.support Property
- jQuery | jquery Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.