The finish() is an inbuilt method in jQuery which is used to stop the animations running at the present time.
Parameter: It does not accept any parameter.
Return Value: It returns the selected element with its final values.
jQuery code to show the working of finish() method:
Before clicking on the “Start” button-
After clicking on the start button animation will start with its specified speed and when stop button is clicked then it immediately finish the animation and return the element to its final height and width value.
- How to wait for a promise to finish before returning the variable of a function?
- jQuery | jQuery.support Property
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.interval Property with example
- jQuery | jquery Property
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.off Property
- jQuery | one() with Examples
- jQuery | parentsUntil() with Example
- How to use .on and .hover in jQuery ?
- jQuery | val() with Examples
- jQuery | Syntax
- jQuery | :first Selector
- Get the current URL using jQuery?
- jQuery UI | Button
- jQuery | innerWidth() with Example
- jQuery | :last Selector
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.