The finish() is an inbuilt method in jQuery which is used to stop the animations running at the present time.
Parameter: It does not accept any parameter.
Return Value: It returns the selected element with its final values.
jQuery code to show the working of finish() method:
Before clicking on the “Start” button-
After clicking on the start button animation will start with its specified speed and when stop button is clicked then it immediately finish the animation and return the element to its final height and width value.
- jQuery | jQuery.support Property
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.interval Property with example
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.off Property
- jQuery | jquery Property
- jQuery | css()
- jQuery | parentsUntil() with Example
- jQuery | die() Method
- jQuery | on() with Examples
- jQuery | :even Selector
- jQuery | :first Selector
- jQuery | after() with Examples
- jQuery | last() with Examples
- jQuery | :gt() Selector
- jQuery | :last Selector
- jQuery | has() with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.