Join Pandas DataFrames matching by substring
In this article, we will learn how to join two Data Frames matching by substring with python.
- join(): joins all the elements in an iteration into a single string
- lambda(): an anonymous method which is declared without a name and can accept any number of parameters
- find(): gets the initial appearance of any requisite value
- merge(): merges two dataframes
Follow the below steps to join two data frames matched by substring.
- Create two DataFrames.
- Join two dataframes using cartesian product
- Join a duplicate column including equal values in all the DataFrames
- Join the new column
- At last, remove the added column in each DataFrame.
- Then we need to add a new column to the Data frame. To do this we will use the “lambda” along with “find” functions where the output is greater than zero.
- Now we print the joined data frames matched by substrings .
Below is the implementation.