In this article, we will learn how to join two Data Frames matching by substring with python.
- join(): joins all the elements in an iteration into a single string
- lambda(): an anonymous method which is declared without a name and can accept any number of parameters
- find(): gets the initial appearance of any requisite value
- merge(): merges two dataframes
Follow the below steps to join two data frames matched by substring.
- Create two DataFrames.
- Join two dataframes using cartesian product
- Join a duplicate column including equal values in all the DataFrames
- Join the new column
- At last, remove the added column in each DataFrame.
- Then we need to add a new column to the Data frame. To do this we will use the “lambda” along with “find” functions where the output is greater than zero.
- Now we print the joined data frames matched by substrings .
Below is the implementation.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course