JLabel | Java Swing
JLabel is a class of java Swing . JLabel is used to display a short string or an image icon. JLabel can display text, image or both . JLabel is only a display of text or image and it cannot get focus . JLabel is inactive to input events such a mouse focus or keyboard focus. By default labels are vertically centered but the user can change the alignment of label.
Constructor of the class are :
- JLabel() : creates a blank label with no text or image in it.
- JLabel(String s) : creates a new label with the string specified.
- JLabel(Icon i) : creates a new label with a image on it.
- JLabel(String s, Icon i, int align) : creates a new label with a string, an image and a specified horizontal alignment
Commonly used methods of the class are :
- getIcon() : returns the image that the label displays
- setIcon(Icon i) : sets the icon that the label will display to image i
- getText() : returns the text that the label will display
- setText(String s) : sets the text that the label will display to string s
1. Program to create a blank label and add text to it.
2. Program to create a new label using constructor – JLabel(String s)
3. Program to create a label and add image to it .
4. Program to add a image and string to a label
Note : This programs might not run in an online compiler please use an offline IDE.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.