- The print() method prints the contents of the current window.
- It basically opens Print dialog box which lets you choose between various printing options.
Parameters: No parameters required
Returns: This function do not return anything
But the web pages are not limited to text only. There are other things too in the webpages like images consisting of different colors, etc. Printing such pages can be done by the following ways :
- Make a copy of the page and leave out unwanted text and graphics, then link that to the printer-friendly page from the original. This means that the whole page will be printed as you have seen the page it will be printed as it is without any change in it, if you will see an advertisement it will also be printed in it
- If you do not want to keep an extra copy of a page, then you can mark your printable text using proper comments like PRINT STARTS HERE ….. PRINT ENDS HERE and then you can use PERL or any other script in the background to purge printable text and display for final printing. This means that the selected portion will be printed
Supported Browser: The browser supported by Window print() Method are listed below:
- Google Chrome 1 and above
- Edge 12 and above
- Internet Explorer 5 and above
- Firefox 1 and above
- Opera 6 and above
- Safari 1.1 and above