What is Protocol?
A network protocol defines rules and conventions for communication between network devices. By adopting these rules, two devices can communicate with each other and can interchange the information.
- ftp: The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used for the transfer of computer files between a client and server on a computer network.
- http: The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application protocol for distributed system.
- https: The Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is an extension of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) for secure communication and widely used in Internet.
- file: It is used for file or in local server system.
- mailto: It is used in mail system.
Return Value: The protocol property returns the protocol of the current URL, including the colon (:).
- HTML DOM document location Property
- HTML DOM Window.location Property
- How to make workaround for window.location.href?
- How to update mouse location when scrolling with jQuery ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.