java.util.Collections.rotate() method is present in java.util.Collections class. It is used to rotate the elements present in the specified list of Collection by a given distance.
Syntax: public static void rotate(List< type > list, int distance) Parameters : list - the list to be rotated. distance - the distance to rotate the list. type - Type of list to be rotated. Examples of types are Integer, String, etc. Returns : NA Throws: UnsupportedOperationException - if the specified list or its list-iterator does not support the set operation.
There are no constraints on distance value. It may be zero, negative, or greater than list.size(). After calling this method, the element at index i will be the element previously at index (i – distance) mod list.size(), for all values of i between 0 and list.size()-1, inclusive.
Original List : [practice, code, quiz, geeksforgeeks] Rotated List: [quiz, geeksforgeeks, practice, code]
How to quickly rotate an array in Java using rotate()?
Arrays class in Java doesn’t have rotate method. We can use Collections.rotate() to quickly rotate an array also.
Original Array : [10, 20, 30, 40, 50] Modified Array : [40, 50, 10, 20, 30]
This article is contributed by Gaurav Miglani. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Java lang.Long.lowestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfTrailingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.disjoint() Method in java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.builtcount() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.reverse() method in Java with Examples
- Java.lang.Short toString() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.byteValue() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.highestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfLeadingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java Clock withZone() method in Java with Examples
- Java Clock tickMinutes() method in Java with Examples
- Java 8 | ArrayDeque removeIf() method in Java with Examples
- Set contains() method in Java with Examples
- Map put() Method in Java with Examples
- Map get() method in Java with Examples