JPanel, a part of Java Swing package, is a container that can store a group of components. The main task of JPanel is to organize components, various layouts can be set in JPanel which provide better organisation of components, however it does not have a title bar.
Constructor of JPanel are :
- JPanel() : creates a new panel with flow layout
- JPanel(LayoutManager l) : creates a new JPanel with specified layoutManager
- JPanel(boolean isDoubleBuffered) : creates a new JPanel with a specified buffering strategy
- JPanel(LayoutManager l, boolean isDoubleBuffered) : creates a new JPanel with specified layoutManager and a specified buffering strategy
Commonly used functions :
- add(Component c) : adds component to a specified container
- setLayout(LayoutManager l) : sets the layout of the container to specified layout manager
- updateUI() : resets the UI property with a value from the current look and feel.
- setUI(PanelUI ui) : sets the look and feel object that renders this component.
- getUI() : returns the look and feel object that renders this component.
- paramString() : returns a string representation of this JPanel.
- getUIClassID() : returns the name of the Look and feel class that renders this component.
- getAccessibleContext() : gets the AccessibleContext associated with this JPanel.
programs to illustrate use of JPanel
1. Program to create a simple JPanel add components to it
2. Program to create a JPanel with a Border layout and add components to it .
3. Program to create a JPanel with a Box layout and add components to it .
Note: In the previous Program, border layout and Box Layout are used. Different other layouts can be used to organize the components in a definite pattern, such as card layout, grid layout etc.
The above programs might not run in an online compiler please use an Offline IDE.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.