Java Program to Implement HashSet API
The HashSet class implements the Set interface, backed by a hash table which is actually a HashMap instance. No guarantee is made as to the iteration order of the set which means that the class does not guarantee the constant order of elements over time. This class permits the null element. The class also offers constant time performance for the basic operations like add, remove, contains, and size assuming the hash function disperses the elements properly among the buckets.
Few important features of HashSet are:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
- Implements Set Interface.
- As it implements the Set Interface, duplicate values are not allowed.
- Objects that you insert in HashSet are not guaranteed to be inserted in the same order. Objects are inserted based on their hash code.
- NULL elements are allowed in HashSet.
- HashSet also implements Serializable and Cloneable interfaces.
element Mani added element Rohit added element Manish added the size of set is 3 set does not contain Sachin element 20 removed the element of set are Rohit Manish the elements after removing Rohit Manish hashSet cleared hashSet is empty