Java Program to Display Name of a Month in (MMM) Format
Java is a most powerful programming language, by which we can do many things and Java is an industry preferable language. So it has a huge field of features. Here we discuss one of the best features of Java, that is how we can represent Month in a short form or MMM Format.
There are two ways to do this using some classes:
Method 1: Using SimpleDateFormat and Date class
- Here Date class provides the current date and time, and SimpleDateFormat class use to format the date in some format, here the month will be shown in MMM format.
- SimpleDateFormat class comes under Text package in Java and Date class comes under the util package in Java. Date constructor initializes the object with the current date and time.
- SimpleDateFormat is a class for formatting and parsing date.
Method 2: Using Formatter class
- We can use Formatter class to print the month in short form.
- Here we use this class with Date class. There is format specifier “%tb” is use to print short month.
- There are many format specifier for other works also. If we use “%tB”, then it will become full month. See below code,
Method 3: Use Formatter class with Calendar class
This class also returns the current date and time.