Java Program to Create a Matrix and Fill it with Prime Numbers
Prime Numbers are the number which can be divisible by only 1 and itself, it cannot be divisible by any other number. The task here is to find the prime numbers and store them in the form of a matrix.
Example: Prime numbers are: 2, 3, 5, 7 Output: 2 3 5 7 Prime numbers : 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 17, 19 Output: 2 3 5 7 9 11 13 17 19
- First, the class should be created and inside the class a method is created to check the prime number.
- This method will take the number as input and then check whether it is prime or not. If it is prime then it will return true and if not then return false.
- Now, the main method will be created, inside the main method the object of Matrix class is made so that the isPrime() method can be accessed from the main.
- The number of rows and number of columns will be taken from the user and then using this, the another array will be created which is of size rows * columns.
- The prime numbers will be stored in this array.
- Now, by iterating through result array, the prime numbers will gets stored into the Matrix array. After that the result will gets printed.
The Resultant Matrix is : 2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 23 29 31 37 41 43 47 53
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.