Given a string str, the task is to find whether the string is a palindrome or not in Java without using library methods.
Input: str = “abba”
Input: str = “geeks”
Approach: Take two pointers i pointing to the start of the string and j pointing to the end of the string. Keep incrementing i and decrementing j while i < j and at every step check whether the characters at these pointers are same or not. If not then the string is not a palindrome else it is.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- C Program to Check if a Given String is Palindrome
- Python program to check if a string is palindrome or not
- Python program to check if given string is vowel Palindrome
- TCP Client-Server Program to Check if a Given String is Palindrome
- Java program to check palindrome (using library methods)
- Program to check if a String in Java contains only whitespaces
- Program to check if the String is Empty in Java
- Program to check if the String is Null in Java
- Check if a given string is Even-Odd Palindrome or not
- Program to check if an Array is Palindrome or not using STL in C++
- Program to check if an Array is Palindrome or not
- Program to check the number is Palindrome or not
- Check if both halves of a string are Palindrome or not
- Check whether the given string is Palindrome using Stack
- Check if it is possible to create a palindrome string from given N
- Check given string is oddly palindrome or not
- Check if a given string is a rotation of a palindrome
- Check if a string is palindrome in C using pointers
- Check given string is oddly palindrome or not | Set 2
- Check if any anagram of a string is palindrome or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nishantv