Java Program to Access All Data as Object Array
Java is an object-oriented programming language. Most of the work is done with the help of objects. We know that an array is a collection of the same data type that dynamically creates objects and can have elements of primitive types.
- Java allows us to store objects in an array. In Java, the class is also a user-defined data type. An array that contains class-type elements is known as an array of objects.
- It stores the reference variable of the object.
- This Array is used to implement on data sets that require performing operations on different data types simultaneously same like structures in c, this Objects array provide us the luxury to calculate
- For example, if we want to write a program that works with books details typically contain various attributes like book id(integer), name(String), Author name(string),..etc which are of various data types, so we construct an array Object for Book and write the methods that fetch out various details of this book.
Book b = new Book[array_length];
Here we created an array with instance b for class Book, now we can simply add attribute values for a book with their data types which can be depicted from the image below
In order to create arrays of objects, the syntax is as follows:
ClassName object=new ClassName[array_length];
Implementation: Array of objects
Suppose, let’s consider we have created a class named Employee. We want to keep records of 20 employees of a company having three departments. In this case, we will not create 20 separate variables. Instead of this, we will create an array of objects:
Employee_department1; Employee_department2; Employee_department3;
Product Object 1: Product Id = 23907 Product Name = Hp Omen Gaming 15 Product Object 2: Product Id = 91240 Product Name = Dell G3 Gaming Product Object 3: Product Id = 29823 Product Name = Asus TUF Gaming Product Object 4: Product Id = 11908 Product Name = Lenovo Legion Gamig Product Object 5: Product Id = 43590 Product Name = Acer Predator Gaming
- In the following program, we have created a class named Product and initialized an array of objects using the constructor.
- We have created a constructor of the class Product that contains the product ID and product name. In the main function, we have created individual objects of the class Product. After that, we have passed initial values to each of the objects using the constructor.
- Now, this code displays the Product id and name of various brands of gaming laptops.
- This size of the object array in this code was set, but it can be increased based on the requirement.
Similarly, we can create a generalized Array object to run the Business Logic.