Problem – Givens Two number N and K, our task is to subtract a number K from N until number(N) is greater than zero, once the N becomes negative or zero then we start adding K until that number become the original number(N).
Note : Not allow to use any loop.
Input : N = 15 K = 5 Output : 15 10 5 0 1 5 10 15 Input : N = 20 K = 6 Output : 20 14 8 2 -4 2 8 14 20
Explanation – We can do it using recursion idea is that we call the function again and again until N is greater than zero (in every function call we subtract N by K). Once the number becomes negative or zero we start adding K in every function call until the number becomes the original number. Here we use a single function for both addition and subtraction but to switch between addition or subtraction function we used a Boolean flag.
20 14 8 2 -4 2 8 14 20
Please refer complete article on Print Number series without using any loop for more details!
- How to print an Array in Java without using Loop
- Java Program to Print any Statement without Using the Main Method
- Java Program to Reverse a Number and find the Sum of its Digits Using do-while Loop
- Java Program to Print a Semicolon Without Using Semicolon
- Java Program to Iterate Over Arrays Using for and foreach Loop
- Java Program to Find Sum of Natural Numbers Using While Loop
- Flatten a Stream of Lists in Java using forEach loop
- Flatten a Stream of Arrays in Java using forEach loop
- Java Program to Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1's
- Java Program for nth multiple of a number in Fibonacci Series
- 3 Different ways to print Fibonacci series in Java
- Java Program for Range sum queries without updates
- Java Program to Illustrate a Method Without Parameters and Return Type
- Java Program to Multiply two Matrices of any size
- Java Program to Interchange Any Two Rows in the Matrix
- Java Program to Interchange Any Two Columns in the Matrix
- Java Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +.......+ n/n!
- Java Program to Find sum of Series with n-th term as n^2 - (n-1)^2
- Java Program for efficiently print all prime factors of a given number
- Program to find Nth term of the series 3, 6, 18, 24, ...