Problem – Givens Two number N and K, our task is to subtract a number K from N until number(N) is greater than zero, once the N becomes negative or zero then we start adding K until that number become the original number(N).
Note : Not allow to use any loop.
Input : N = 15 K = 5 Output : 15 10 5 0 1 5 10 15 Input : N = 20 K = 6 Output : 20 14 8 2 -4 2 8 14 20
Explanation – We can do it using recursion idea is that we call the function again and again until N is greater than zero (in every function call we subtract N by K). Once the number becomes negative or zero we start adding K in every function call until the number becomes the original number. Here we use a single function for both addition and subtraction but to switch between addition or subtraction function we used a Boolean flag.
20 14 8 2 -4 2 8 14 20
Please refer complete article on Print Number series without using any loop for more details!
- Print all permutation of a string using ArrayList
- LongStream.Builder build() in Java
- DoubleStream.Builder build() in Java
- Java 8 | Consumer Interface in Java with Examples
- MouseListener and MouseMotionListener in Java
- Java Program for Selection Sort
- Java Program for Bubble Sort
- Java Program for Insertion Sort
- Java Program for Heap Sort
- Java Program for Radix Sort
- Java Program for n-th Fibonacci numbers
- Java Program for Counting Sort
- Java Program for ShellSort
- Java Program for Longest Common Subsequence
- Java Program for Binary Search (Recursive and Iterative)