Merge Sort is a Divide and Conquer algorithm. It divides input array in two halves, calls itself for the two halves and then merges the two sorted halves. The merge() function is used for merging two halves. The merge(arr, l, m, r) is key process that assumes that arr[l..m] and arr[m+1..r] are sorted and merges the two sorted sub-arrays into one.
Please refer complete article on Merge Sort for more details!
- Java Program for Iterative Merge Sort
- Java Program for Merge Sort for Linked Lists
- Java Program to Count Inversions in an array | Set 1 (Using Merge Sort)
- C Program for Merge Sort
- C Program for Iterative Merge Sort
- Python Program for Merge Sort
- Python Program for Iterative Merge Sort
- Merge Sort with O(1) extra space merge and O(n lg n) time
- Why Quick Sort preferred for Arrays and Merge Sort for Linked Lists?
- Java Program for Odd-Even Sort / Brick Sort
- Java program to merge contents of all the files in a directory
- Quick Sort vs Merge Sort
- In-Place Merge Sort
- Iterative Merge Sort
- Merge Sort using Multi-threading