A set of points on a plain surface that forms a curve such that any point on that curve is equidistant from the focus is a parabola.
Vertex of a parabola is the coordinate from which it takes the sharpest turn whereas a is the straight line used to generate the curve.
The standard form of a parabola equation is . Given the values of a, b and c; our task is to find the coordinates of vertex, focus and the equation of the directrix.
Input : 5 3 2 Output : Vertex:(-0.3, 1.55) Focus: (-0.3, 1.6) Directrix: y=-198 Consult the formula below for explanation.
Vertex: (-0.3, 1.55) Focus: (-0.3, 1.6) Directrix: y=-198
Please refer complete article on Finding the vertex, focus and directrix of a parabola for more details!
- LongStream.Builder build() in Java
- DoubleStream.Builder build() in Java
- Java 8 | Consumer Interface in Java with Examples
- MouseListener and MouseMotionListener in Java
- Java Program for Selection Sort
- Java Program for Bubble Sort
- Java Program for Insertion Sort
- Java Program for Heap Sort
- Java Program for Radix Sort
- Java Program for n-th Fibonacci numbers
- Java Program for Counting Sort
- Java Program for ShellSort
- Java Program for Longest Common Subsequence
- Java Program for Binary Search (Recursive and Iterative)
- Java Program 0-1 Knapsack Problem