Write a Java program which prints number of occurrences of each characters and also it should not print repeatedly occurrences of duplicate characters as given in the example:
Input : geeksforgeeks Output : Number of Occurrence of g is:2 Number of Occurrence of e is:4 Number of Occurrence of k is:2 Number of Occurrence of s is:2 Number of Occurrence of f is:1 Number of Occurrence of o is:1 Number of Occurrence of r is:1
The idea is to create a count array of size 256. Traverse input string and for every character increment its count.
Number of Occurrence of g is:2 Number of Occurrence of e is:4 Number of Occurrence of k is:2 Number of Occurrence of s is:2 Number of Occurrence of f is:1 Number of Occurrence of o is:1 Number of Occurrence of r is:1
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Count occurrences of a given character using Regex in Java
- Java program to count the occurrence of each character in a string using Hashmap
- Count occurrences of elements of list in Java
- Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence
- Print last character of each word in a string
- Capitalize the first and last character of each word in a string
- Java Program to convert Character Array to IntStream
- Replace all occurrences of a string with space
- Check if a binary string has two consecutive occurrences of one everywhere
- Program to print ASCII Value of a character
- Program to convert first character uppercase in a sentence
- Character.valueOf() in Java with examples
- Convert a String to Character array in Java
- How to find the first and last character of a string in Java
- Remove first and last character of a string in Java
- Java Program to Check if count of divisors is even or odd
- Java Program to Count Inversions in an array | Set 1 (Using Merge Sort)
- Java Program to Count set bits in an integer
- Java Program to Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1's
- Java Program for Count ways to reach the n'th stair
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.