Write a Java program which prints number of occurrences of each characters and also it should not print repeatedly occurrences of duplicate characters as given in the example:
Input : geeksforgeeks Output : Number of Occurrence of g is:2 Number of Occurrence of e is:4 Number of Occurrence of k is:2 Number of Occurrence of s is:2 Number of Occurrence of f is:1 Number of Occurrence of o is:1 Number of Occurrence of r is:1
The idea is to create a count array of size 256. Traverse input string and for every character increment its count.
Number of Occurrence of g is:2 Number of Occurrence of e is:4 Number of Occurrence of k is:2 Number of Occurrence of s is:2 Number of Occurrence of f is:1 Number of Occurrence of o is:1 Number of Occurrence of r is:1
- Count occurrences of a given character using Regex in Java
- Java program to count the occurrence of each character in a string using Hashmap
- Count occurrences of elements of list in Java
- Count occurrence of a given character in a string using Stream API in Java
- Java Program to get a character from a String
- Find the count of M character words which have at least one character repeated
- Java Program to convert Character Array to IntStream
- Java Program to Check if count of divisors is even or odd
- Java Program to Count set bits in an integer
- Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence
- Java Program for Count ways to reach the n'th stair
- Java Program to Count trailing zeroes in factorial of a number
- Java Program to Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1's
- Java Program to Count Inversions in an array | Set 1 (Using Merge Sort)
- Pattern Occurrences : Stack Implementation Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.