Write a Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence?
Input : geeks for geeks Output : geeks->5 for->3 geeks->5
Approach:Here we have to find out number of words in a sentence and the corresponding character count of each word.
- Here first we create an equivalent char array of given String.
- Now we iterate the char array using for loop. Inside for loop we declare a String with empty implementation.
- Whenever we found an alphabet we will perform concatination of that alphabet with the String variable and increment the value of i.
- Now when i reaches to a space it will come out from the while loop and now String variable has the word which is previous of space.
- Now we will print the String variable with the length of the String.
geeks->5 for->3 geeks->5
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the word from a given sentence having given word as prefix
- Print each word in a sentence with their corresponding average of ASCII values
- Sums of ASCII values of each word in a sentence
- Program for length of the longest word in a sentence
- Program to replace a word with asterisks in a sentence
- C program to Replace a word in a text by another given word
- C program to find and replace a word in a File by another given word
- Frequency of smallest character in first sentence less than that of second sentence
- Find the word with most anagrams in a given sentence
- Java program to swap first and last characters of words in a sentence
- Check if characters of each word can be rearranged to form an Arithmetic Progression (AP)
- Print longest palindrome word in a sentence
- Check if a word is present in a sentence
- Find the count of sub-strings whose characters can be rearranged to form the given word
- Longest Common Prefix using Word by Word Matching
- Extracting each word from a String using Regex in Java
- Get the first letter of each word in a string using regex in Java
- Calculate the frequency of each word in the given string
- Print list items containing all characters of a given word
- Possibility of a word from a given set of characters
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.