Write a Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence?
Input : geeks for geeks Output : geeks->5 for->3 geeks->5
Approach:Here we have to find out number of words in a sentence and the corresponding character count of each word.
- Here first we create an equivalent char array of given String.
- Now we iterate the char array using for loop. Inside for loop we declare a String with empty implementation.
- Whenever we found an alphabet we will perform concatination of that alphabet with the String variable and increment the value of i.
- Now when i reaches to a space it will come out from the while loop and now String variable has the word which is previous of space.
- Now we will print the String variable with the length of the String.
geeks->5 for->3 geeks->5
- Java program to swap first and last characters of words in a sentence
- Program to replace a word with asterisks in a sentence
- Program for length of the longest word in a sentence
- Find the count of sub-strings whose characters can be rearranged to form the given word
- Print longest palindrome word in a sentence
- Sums of ASCII values of each word in a sentence
- Print each word in a sentence with their corresponding average of ASCII values
- Program to count vowels, consonant, digits and special characters in string.
- C program to Replace a word in a text by another given word
- Possibility of a word from a given set of characters
- Next word that does not contain a palindrome and has characters from first k
- Arrangement of the characters of a word such that all vowels are at odd places
- Print list items containing all characters of a given word
- Find largest word in dictionary by deleting some characters of given string
- Count palindrome words in a sentence
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.