This abstract class is the superclass of all classes representing an output stream of bytes. An output stream accepts output bytes and sends them to some sink.
Applications that need to define a subclass of OutputStream must always provide at least a method that writes one byte of output.
Constructor and Description
- OutputStream() : Single Constructor
- void close() : Closes this output stream and releases any system resources associated with this stream.
Syntax :public void close() throws IOException Throws: IOException
- void flush() : Flushes this output stream and forces any buffered output bytes to be written out.
Syntax :public void flush() throws IOException Throws: IOException
- void write(byte b) : Writes b.length bytes from the specified byte array to this output stream.
Syntax :public void write(byte b) throws IOException Parameters: b - the data. Throws: IOException
- void write(byte b, int off, int len) : Writes len bytes from the specified byte array starting at offset off to this output stream.
Syntax :public void write(byte b, int off, int len) throws IOException Parameters: b - the data. off - the start offset in the data. len - the number of bytes to write. Throws: IOException
- abstract void write(int b) : Writes the specified byte to this output stream.
Syntax :public abstract void write(int b) throws IOException Parameters: b - the byte. Throws: IOException
This article is contributed by Nishant Sharma. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.