Predict the output of the program
The parameter passed to the constructor is the null object reference and arrays are reference types too. If we try running the program, we get following.
The program prints double array.
We can notice that the compiler doesn’t cause ambiguous call error. Java’s overload resolution process operates in two phases.
The first phase selects all the methods or constructors that are accessible and applicable.
The second phase selects the most specific of the methods or constructors selected in the first phase. One method or constructor is less specific than another if it can accept any parameters passed to the other.
In our program, both constructors are accessible and applicable. The constructor GFG(Object) accepts any parameter passed to GFG(double), so GFG(Object) is less specific. (Every double array is an Object, but not every Object is a double array.)
This article is contributed by Shubham Juneja. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- GFact 48 | Overloading main() in Java
- Method overloading and null error in Java
- Overloading in Java
- Different ways of Method Overloading in Java
- Method Overloading and Ambiguity in Varargs in Java
- Constructor Overloading in Java
- Method Overloading with Autoboxing and Widening in Java
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Java
- Constructor Overloading with Static Block in Java
- Output of Java program | Set 22 (Overloading)
- super keyword for Method Overloading in Java
- Function overloading and return type
- Overloading of Thread class run() method
- Java Multicasting (Typecasting multiple times) Puzzle
- Java Ternary Operator Puzzle
- A Java Random and StringBuffer Puzzle
- Java.util.BitSet class methods in Java with Examples | Set 2
- Java.Lang.Float class in Java
- Java.io.BufferedInputStream class in Java
- Java.io.ObjectInputStream Class in Java | Set 1