This article shall be explaining the code to draw a line using paint in Java. This uses drawLine() method.
drawLine(int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2)
Parameters: The drawLine method takes four arguments:
- x1 – It takes the first point’s x coordinate.
- y1 – It takes first point’s y coordinate.
- x2 – It takes second point’s x coordinate.
- y2 – It takes second point’s y coordinate
Result: This method will draw a line starting from (x1, y1) co-ordinates to (x2, y2) co-ordinates.
Below programs illustrate the above problem:
Note: The above function are a part of java.awt package and belongs to java.awt.Graphics class. Also, these codes might not run in an online compiler please use an offline compiler. The x1, x2, y1 and y2 coordinates can be changed by the programmer according to their need.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Draw a Polygon in Java Applet
- Draw a ellipse and a rectangle in Java Applet
- Draw a Chessboard in Java Applet
- Draw an Olympic Symbol in Java Applet
- Draw a Smiley in Java Applet
- Difference between a Java Application and a Java Applet
- Java Applet Basics
- Java Code for Moving Text | Applet | Thread
- Java Applet | Implementing Flood Fill algorithm
- Java Applet | Digital Stopwatch
- Java Applet | How to display a Digital Clock
- Java Applet | How to display an Analog Clock
- How to draw a Clock using StillClock in Java
- How to draw Horizontal and Vertical lines in an Android App using XML
- Initialize a list in a single line with a specified value using Java Stream
- Command Line arguments in Java
- How to initialize a list in a single line in Java with a specified value?
- JavaFX | Line with examples
- Count distinct points visited on the number line
- Initialize a list in a single line with a specified value
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.