Prerequisite : Arrays in Java
Jagged array is array of arrays such that member arrays can be of different sizes, i.e., we can create a 2-D arrays but with variable number of columns in each row. These type of arrays are also known as Jagged arrays.
Following are Java programs to demonstrate the above concept.
Contents of 2D Jagged Array 0 1 2 3 4
Following is another example where i’th row has i columns, i.e., first row has 1 element, second row has two elements and so on.
Contents of 2D Jagged Array 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
This article is contributed by Rahul Agrawal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Print a 2 D Array or Matrix in Java
- Understanding Array IndexOutofbounds Exception in Java
- How to compare two arrays in Java?
- Array vs ArrayList in Java
- Arrays in Java
- Final arrays in Java
- HashSet vs TreeSet in Java
- ShortBuffer allocate() method in Java With Examples
- IntBuffer duplicate() method in Java with Examples
- ShortBuffer compact() method in Java With Examples