Given an array of size n, generate and print all possible combinations of r elements in array.
Input : arr = [1, 2, 3, 4], r = 2 Output : [[1, 2], [1, 3], [1, 4], [2, 3], [2, 4], [3, 4]]
This problem has existing recursive solution please refer Print all possible combinations of r elements in a given array of size n link. We will solve this problem in python using itertools.combinations() module.
What does itertools.combinations() do ?
It returns r length subsequences of elements from the input iterable. Combinations are emitted in lexicographic sort order. So, if the input iterable is sorted, the combination tuples will be produced in sorted order.
- itertools.combinations(iterable, r) :
It return r-length tuples in sorted order with no repeated elements. For Example, combinations(‘ABCD’, 2) ==> [AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, CD].
- itertools.combinations_with_replacement(iterable, r) :
It return r-length tuples in sorted order with repeated elements. For Example, combinations_with_replacement(‘ABCD’, 2) ==> [AA, AB, AC, AD, BB, BC, BD, CC, CD, DD].
[[1, 2], [1, 3], [1, 4], [2, 3], [2, 4], [3, 4]]
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Iterative approach to print all combinations of an Array
- Print all the combinations of N elements by changing sign such that their sum is divisible by M
- Python | Dictionary key combinations
- Python | Pair Product combinations
- Python | Size Range Combinations in list
- Python - Combinations of sum with tuples in tuple list
- Python | Find Mixed Combinations of string and list
- Python | Combinations of elements till size N in list
- pwd module in Python
- grp module in Python
- OS Path module in Python
- Keyboard module in Python
- Fraction module in Python
- C Extension Module using Python
- Pygorithm module in Python