Given an array of size n, generate and print all possible combinations of r elements in array.
Input : arr = [1, 2, 3, 4], r = 2 Output : [[1, 2], [1, 3], [1, 4], [2, 3], [2, 4], [3, 4]]
This problem has existing recursive solution please refer Print all possible combinations of r elements in a given array of size n link. We will solve this problem in python using itertools.combinations() module.
What does itertools.combinations() do ?
It returns r length subsequences of elements from the input iterable. Combinations are emitted in lexicographic sort order. So, if the input iterable is sorted, the combination tuples will be produced in sorted order.
- itertools.combinations(iterable, r) :
It return r-length tuples in sorted order with no repeated elements. For Example, combinations(‘ABCD’, 2) ==> [AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, CD].
- itertools.combinations_with_replacement(iterable, r) :
It return r-length tuples in sorted order with repeated elements. For Example, combinations_with_replacement(‘ABCD’, 2) ==> [AA, AB, AC, AD, BB, BC, BD, CC, CD, DD].
[[1, 2], [1, 3], [1, 4], [2, 3], [2, 4], [3, 4]]
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python Program to print all Possible Combinations from the three Digits
- Python - All Possible unique K size combinations till N
- Iterating over all possible combinations in an Array using Bits
- Print all the combinations of N elements by changing sign such that their sum is divisible by M
- Iterative approach to print all combinations of an Array
- Python - All pair combinations of 2 tuples
- Python - Get all numbers combinations in list
- Python program to get all unique combinations of two Lists
- Python program to find all the Combinations in the list with the given condition
- Make all combinations of size k
- How to build an array of all combinations of two NumPy arrays?
- Python program to print Calendar without calendar or datetime module
- Python | Combinations of elements till size N in list
- Python | Find Mixed Combinations of string and list
- Python - Combinations of sum with tuples in tuple list
- Python | Dictionary key combinations
- Python | Pair Product combinations
- Python | Size Range Combinations in list
- Python - Itertools Combinations() function
- Combinations in Python without using itertools