1. islice(iterable, start, stop, step) :- This iterator selectively prints the values mentioned in its iterable container passed as argument. This iterator takes 4 arguments, iterable container, starting pos., ending position and step.
2. starmap(func., tuple list) :- This iterator takes a function and tuple list as argument and returns the value according to the function from each tuple of list.
The sliced list values are : [4, 7, 10] The values acc. to function are : [1, 1, 4, 1]
3. takewhile(func, iterable) :- This iterator is opposite of dropwhile(), it prints the values till the function returns false for 1st time.
4. tee(iterator, count) :- This iterator splits the container into a number of iterators mentioned in the argument.
The list values till 1st false value are : [2, 4, 6] The iterators are : [2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 20] [2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 20] [2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 20]
5. zip_longest( iterable1, iterable2, fillval.) :- This iterator prints the values of iterables alternatively in sequence. If one of the iterables is printed fully, remaining values are filled by the values assigned to fillvalue.
The combined values of iterables is : ('G', 'e') ('e', 'k') ('s', 'f') ('o', 'r') ('G', 'e') ('e', 'k') ('s', '_')
1. product(iter1, iter2) :- This iterator prints the cartesian product of the two iterable containers passed as arguments.
2. permutations(iter, group_size) :- This iterator prints all possible permutation of all elements of iterable. The size of each permuted group is decided by group_size argument.
The cartesian product of the containers is : [('A', '1'), ('A', '2'), ('B', '1'), ('B', '2')] All the permutations of the given container is : [('G', 'f'), ('G', 'G'), ('f', 'G'), ('f', 'G'), ('G', 'G'), ('G', 'f')]
3. combinations(iterable, group_size) :- This iterator prints all the possible combinations(without replacement) of the container passed in arguments in the specified group size in sorted order.
4. combinations_with_replacement(iterable, group_size) :- This iterator prints all the possible combinations(with replacement) of the container passed in arguments in the specified group size in sorted order.
All the combination of container in sorted order(without replacement) is : [('1', '2'), ('1', '3'), ('1', '4'), ('2', '3'), ('2', '4'), ('3', '4')] All the combination of container in sorted order(with replacement) is : [('G', 'G'), ('G', 'f'), ('G', 'G'), ('f', 'f'), ('f', 'G'), ('G', 'G')]
1. count(start, step) :- This iterator starts printing from the “start” number and prints infinitely. If steps are mentioned, the numbers are skipped else step is 1 by default.
iterator.count(5,2) prints -- 5,7,9,11...infinitely
2. cycle(iterable) :- This iterator prints all values in order from the passed container. It restarts printing from beginning again when all elements are printed in a cyclic manner.
iterator.cycle([1,2,3,4]) prints -- 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1...infinitely
3. repeat(val, num) :- This iterator repeatedly prints the passed value infinite number of times. If num. is mentioned, them till that number.
Printing the numbers repeatedly : [25, 25, 25, 25]
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python PIL | BoxBlur() method
- Python | sympy.ones() method
- Python | sympy.zeros() method
- Python | sympy.eye() method
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
- Time Functions in Python | Set-2 (Date Manipulations)
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Python – The new generation Language
- Print Single and Multiple variable in Python
- Increment and Decrement Operators in Python
- str() vs repr() in Python
- Swap two variables in one line in C/C++, Python, PHP and Java
- Generate all permutation of a set in Python
- Class or Static Variables in Python