Given a binary tree, write a function that returns true if the tree satisfies below property:
For every node, data value must be equal to the sum of data values in left and right children. Consider data value as 0 for NULL children.
Input : 10 / \ 8 2 / \ \ 3 5 2 Output : Yes Input : 5 / \ -2 7 / \ \ 1 6 7 Output : No
We have already discussed the recursive approach. In this post an iterative approach is discussed.
Approach: The idea is to use a queue to do level order traversal of the Binary Tree and simultaneously check for every node:
- If the current node has two children and if the current node is equal to the sum of its left and right children.
- If the current node has just left child and if the current node is equal to its left child.
- If the current node has just right child and if the current node is equal to its right child.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Check whether a binary tree is a full binary tree or not | Iterative Approach
- Convert an arbitrary Binary Tree to a tree that holds Children Sum Property
- Check for Children Sum Property in a Binary Tree
- Check for Symmetric Binary Tree (Iterative Approach)
- Iterative approach to check if a Binary Tree is Perfect
- Sum of nodes at maximum depth of a Binary Tree | Iterative Approach
- Check if a binary tree is subtree of another binary tree using preorder traversal : Iterative
- Get level of a node in binary tree | iterative approach
- Deepest left leaf node in a binary tree | iterative approach
- Deepest right leaf node in a binary tree | Iterative approach
- Print All Leaf Nodes of a Binary Tree from left to right | Set-2 ( Iterative Approach )
- Construct Binary Tree from given Parent Array representation | Iterative Approach
- Largest value in each level of Binary Tree | Set-2 (Iterative Approach)
- Iterative Approach to check if two Binary Trees are Isomorphic or not
- Maximum parent children sum in Binary tree
- Count of nodes in a Binary tree with immediate children as its factors
- Count nodes with two children at level L in a Binary Tree
- Count of nodes in a Binary Tree whose immediate children are co-prime
- Iterative Deepening Search(IDS) or Iterative Deepening Depth First Search(IDDFS)
- Find root of the tree where children id sum for every node is given
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.