In Python, while operating with String, one can do multiple operations on it. Let’s see how to iterate over characters of a string in Python.
Example #1: Using simple iteration and
g e e k s f o r g e e k s G E E K S
Example #2: Using
G e e k s
Example #3: Iterate characters in reverse order
S K E E G s k e e g r o f s k e e g
Example #4: Iteration over particular set of element.
Perform iteration over string_name by passing particular string index values.
g e e k s f o r
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Iterate over words of a String in Python
- Python Iterate over multiple lists simultaneously
- Iterate over a dictionary in Python
- Iterate over a set in Python
- Python - Iterate over Columns in NumPy
- Loop or Iterate over all or certain columns of a dataframe in Python-Pandas
- How to Iterate over Dataframe Groups in Python-Pandas?
- Iterate over a list in Python
- Different ways to iterate over rows in Pandas Dataframe
- How to iterate over rows in Pandas Dataframe
- How to iterate over the keys and values with ng-repeat in AngularJS ?
- How to iterate over filtered (ng-repeat filter) collection of objects in AngularJS ?
- How to iterate over an Array using for loop in Golang?
- Java Program to Iterate Over Arrays Using for and foreach Loop
- Python | Ways to iterate tuple list of lists
- Python | Iterate through value lists dictionary
- Python - Iterate through list without using the increment variable
- Iterate associative array using foreach loop in PHP
- How to iterate through all selected elements into an array ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.