In C++, isupper() and islower() are predefined functions used for string and character handling.cstring.h is the header file required for string functions and cctype.h is the headerfile required for character functions.
This function is used to check if the arguement contains any uppercase letters such as A, B, C, D……….Z.
Syntax int isupper(int x)
Input : A Output : Uppercase
Input : a Output : Not uppercase
This function is used to check if the arguement contains lowercase letters such as a, b, c, d, ……..z.
Syntax int islower(int x)
Input:A Output : Not Lowercase
Input : a Output : Lowercase
Application of islower(), isupper(), tolower(), toupper() function.
Given a string, task is to convert the characters in the string into opposite case, i.e. if a character is in lowercase, we need to convert it into uppercade and vice versa.
Input : GeekS Output :gEEKs Input :Test Case Output :tEST cASE
1. Traverse the given string character by character upto its length, check if character is in lowercase or uppercase using predefined function.
3. If lowercase, convert it to uppercase using toupper() function, if uppercase, convert it to lowercase using tolower() function.
4. Print the final string.
This article is contributed by Ayush Saxena. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- C++ bitset and its application
- unordered_multimap and its application
- is_permutation() in C++ and its application for anagram search
- isspace() in C/C++ and its application to count whitespace characters
- Oracle Interview | Set 8 (On Campus for Application Developer)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus for IT Application Developer)
- Minimum number of substrings the given string can be splitted into that satisfy the given conditions
- Minimum length String with Sum of the alphabetical values of the characters equal to N
- C program to print the length of a String using %n format specifier
- Check whether two strings can be made equal by copying their characters with the adjacent ones
- Modulo of a large Binary String
- Check duplicates in a stream of strings
- Minimum cost to convert str1 to str2 with the given operations
- Count number of binary strings such that there is no substring of length greater than or equal to 3 with all 1's
Improved By : tk315