In C++, isupper() and islower() are predefined functions used for string and character handling.cstring.h is the header file required for string functions and cctype.h is the headerfile required for character functions.
This function is used to check if the arguement contains any uppercase letters such as A, B, C, D……….Z.
Syntax int isupper(int x)
Input : A Output : Uppercase
Input : a Output : Not uppercase
This function is used to check if the arguement contains lowercase letters such as a, b, c, d, ……..z.
Syntax int islower(int x)
Input:A Output : Not Lowercase
Input : a Output : Lowercase
Application of islower(), isupper(), tolower(), toupper() function.
Given a string, task is to convert the characters in the string into opposite case, i.e. if a character is in lowercase, we need to convert it into uppercade and vice versa.
Input : GeekS Output :gEEKs Input :Test Case Output :tEST cASE
1. Traverse the given string character by character upto its length, check if character is in lowercase or uppercase using predefined function.
3. If lowercase, convert it to uppercase using toupper() function, if uppercase, convert it to lowercase using tolower() function.
4. Print the final string.
This article is contributed by Ayush Saxena. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- unordered_multimap and its application
- C++ bitset and its application
- is_permutation() in C++ and its application for anagram search
- Oracle Interview | Set 8 (On Campus for Application Developer)
- isspace() in C/C++ and its application to count whitespace characters
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus for IT Application Developer)
- Longest substring of only 4's from the first N characters of the infinite string
- Number of Positions to partition the string such that atleast m characters with same frequency are present in each substring
- Minimum length of the sub-string whose characters can be used to form a palindrome of length K
- Given a string and an integer k, find the kth sub-string when all the sub-strings are sorted according to the given condition
- Check whether the given string is a valid identifier
- Count of sub-strings of length n possible from the given string
- Count of sub-strings that do not consist of the given character
- Count the pairs of vowels in the given string