In C++, isupper() and islower() are predefined functions used for string and character handling.cstring.h is the header file required for string functions and cctype.h is the headerfile required for character functions.
This function is used to check if the argument contains any uppercase letters such as A, B, C, D……….Z.
Syntax int isupper(int x)
Input : A Output : Uppercase
Input : a Output : Not uppercase
This function is used to check if the argument contains lowercase letters such as a, b, c, d, ……..z.
Syntax int islower(int x)
Input:A Output : Not Lowercase
Input : a Output : Lowercase
Application of islower(), isupper(), tolower(), toupper() function.
Given a string, task is to convert the characters in the string into opposite case, i.e. if a character is in lowercase, we need to convert it into uppercade and vice versa.
Input : GeekS Output :gEEKs Input :Test Case Output :tEST cASE
1. Traverse the given string character by character upto its length, check if character is in lowercase or uppercase using predefined function.
3. If lowercase, convert it to uppercase using toupper() function, if uppercase, convert it to lowercase using tolower() function.
4. Print the final string.
This article is contributed by Ayush Saxena. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- unordered_multimap and its application
- C++ bitset and its application
- is_permutation() in C++ and its application for anagram search
- isspace() in C/C++ and its application to count whitespace characters
- Oracle Interview | Set 8 (On Campus for Application Developer)
- VMware Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus for IT Application Developer)
- Lexicographically smallest string after M operations
- Count of ways to split given string into two non-empty palindromes
- Count of substrings formed using a given set of characters only
- Check if Array elements can be maximized upto M by adding all elements from another array
- Find the duration of difference between two dates in Java
- Find first non-repeating character in a given string using Linked List
- Bitonic string
- Check given string is oddly palindrome or not