isupper() function in C programming checks whether the given character is upper case or not. isupper() function is defined in ctype.h header file.
int isupper ( int x );
Input: A Output: Entered character is uppercase character Input: a Output: Entered character is not uppercase character Input: 1 Output: Entered character is not uppercase character
Entered character is uppercase character
Application : isupper() function in C programming language is used to find out total number of uppercase present in a given senence.
Input: GEEKSFORGEEKS Output: Number of upper case present in the sentence is : 13 Input: GeeksFORGeeks Output: Number of upper case present in the sentence is : 5 Input: geeksforgeeks Output: Number of upper case present in the sentence is : 0
Number of upper case present in the sentence is : 3
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- isalnum() function in C Language
- isxdigit() function in C Language
- Difference Between C Language and LISP Language
- C Language Introduction
- kbhit in C language
- Difference between while(1) and while(0) in C language
- fgets() and gets() in C language
- Signals in C language
- Stopwatch using C language
- lvalue and rvalue in C language
- Features of C Programming Language
- How to use POSIX semaphores in C language
- Arrays in C Language | Set 2 (Properties)
- A C Programming Language Puzzle
- C Programming Language Standard
- How to clear console in C language?
- Constants vs Variables in C language
- chdir() in C language with Examples
- Difference between Java and C language
- Interesting facts about C Language
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.