The isblank()function returns non-zero if ch is a character for which isspace() returns true and is used to separate words. Thus for English, the blank characters are space and horizontal tab.
Header File : ctype.h Declaration : int isblank(int ch)
difference between isblank() and isspace()
The isspace() simply return true if the character is a space. In other words blank character is a space character used to separate words within a line of text and isblank() is used to identify it.
isblank() considers blank characters the tab character (‘\t’) and the space character (‘ ‘).
isspace() considers space characters : (‘ ‘) – Space, (‘\t’) – Horizontal tab, (‘\n’) – Newline, (‘\v’) – Vertical tab, (‘\f’) – Feed, (‘\r’) – Carriage return
Input: Geeks for Geeks Output: Geeks for Geeks
Explanation: Since there are 2 spaces for Geeks for Geeks marked by an underscore( _ ) :
we replace the space with a newline character.
isblank() C++ Program:
This code prints out the string character by character, replacing any blank character by a newline.
Geeks for Geeks Total blanks are : 2
- Program for K Most Recently Used (MRU) Apps
- Ad-hoc, Inclusion, Parametric & Coercion Polymorphisms
- Shallow Copy and Deep Copy in C#
- Best Python libraries for Machine Learning
- Dividing a Large file into Separate Modules in C/C++, Java and Python
- How to delete a range of values from the List using Iterator
- How to create a List with Constructor in C++ STL
- C program to store Student records as Structures and Sort them by Name
- How to delete last element from a List in C++ STL
- Check if absolute difference of consecutive nodes is 1 in Linked List
- Neural Networks | A beginners guide
- Introduction To APIs
- HTML | DOM offsetTop Property
- Types of Regression Techniques
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.