The isblank()function returns non-zero if ch is a character for which isspace() returns true and is used to separate words. Thus for English, the blank characters are space and horizontal tab.
Header File : ctype.h Declaration : int isblank(int ch)
difference between isblank() and isspace()
The isspace() simply return true if the character is a space. In other words blank character is a space character used to separate words within a line of text and isblank() is used to identify it.
isblank() considers blank characters the tab character (‘\t’) and the space character (‘ ‘).
isspace() considers space characters : (‘ ‘) – Space, (‘\t’) – Horizontal tab, (‘\n’) – Newline, (‘\v’) – Vertical tab, (‘\f’) – Feed, (‘\r’) – Carriage return
Input: Geeks for Geeks Output: Geeks for Geeks
Explanation: Since there are 2 spaces for Geeks for Geeks marked by an underscore( _ ) :
we replace the space with a newline character.
isblank() C++ Program:
This code prints out the string character by character, replacing any blank character by a newline.
Geeks for Geeks Total blanks are : 2
- Difference between pointer to an array and array of pointers
- OR Gate using Perceptron Network
- PImpl Idiom in C++ with Examples
- Maximize the happiness of the groups on the Trip
- dot (.) operator in C/C++
- Features and Use of Pointers in C/C++
- Difference between while and do-while loop in C, C++, Java
- C program to sort an array using pointers
- C Program to count the Number of Characters in a File
- Analyzing BufferOverflow with GDB
- boost::algorithm::any_of_equal() in C++ library
- boost::algorithm::none_of_equal() in C++ library
- boost::algorithm::all_of_equal() in C++ library
- boost::algorithm::any_of() in C++ library
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.