The isblank()function returns non-zero if ch is a character for which isspace() returns true and is used to separate words. Thus for English, the blank characters are space and horizontal tab.
Header File : ctype.h Declaration : int isblank(int ch)
difference between isblank() and isspace()
The isspace() simply return true if the character is a space. In other words blank character is a space character used to separate words within a line of text and isblank() is used to identify it.
isblank() considers blank characters the tab character (‘\t’) and the space character (‘ ‘).
isspace() considers space characters : (‘ ‘) – Space, (‘\t’) – Horizontal tab, (‘\n’) – Newline, (‘\v’) – Vertical tab, (‘\f’) – Feed, (‘\r’) – Carriage return
Input: Geeks for Geeks Output: Geeks for Geeks
Explanation: Since there are 2 spaces for Geeks for Geeks marked by an underscore( _ ) :
we replace the space with a newline character.
isblank() C++ Program:
This code prints out the string character by character, replacing any blank character by a newline.
Geeks for Geeks Total blanks are : 2
- time.h header file in C with Examples
- SAP Labs FTE 2019(On-Campus)
- Morgan Stanley Interview FTE 2019 (On-Campus)
- C++ program to compare two Strings using Operator Overloading
- not1 and not2 function templates in C++ STL with Examples
- PHP | Imagick floodFillPaintImage() Function
- Go vs C++
- HTML | <audio> preload Attribute
- Trie Data Structure using smart pointer and OOP in C++
- std::hash class in C++ STL
- History of C++
- What are Forward declarations in C++
- __builtin_inf() functions of GCC compiler
- Structures in C++
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.